[mod_python] Implementing Range Retrieval Requests

Samuele Kaplun Samuele.Kaplun at cern.ch
Tue Aug 19 06:25:54 EDT 2008

Dear Grahm,

Il Tuesday 12 August 2008 12:17:37 Graham Dumpleton ha scritto:
> You would need the following to be implemented:
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-238
> If it is your own application on your own server, you could perhaps
> modify mod_python source code to address the issue.
> Graham

pardon my ignorance, but do you mean that if I patch mod_python in order to
have a setter for req.chunked and req.connection.keepalive, I could be able
to disable chunked encoding even if content length is not specified, thus
being able to manually build multirange responses?

I tried to patch mod_python, as you suggested, creating the patches I'm
attaching. For the time being I'm still encountering some errors, that I
still need to investigate (they are probably related to my implementation of

If you think my patches are enough for enabling writing support for chunked
and keeplive (thus fulfilling MODPYTHON-238 issue), I'd be glad if you would
like to accept them for integration into mod_python.

Best regards,