[mod_python] Lama - I don't understand basic auth...

durumdara durumdara at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 06:39:35 EDT 2006

Hi !

I want to create a site with restricted area.
I use apache auth., but I don't know, how to controll it later.
The documentation is very laconic in this theme, and I cannot
understand, how to join/link my dbmsession based user management with
this auth. method.

I need a restricted area that containing private informations, pages
that I don't want to show.
Apache can keep out the non-valid users.
In normal way of the login when I want to intrude to a restricted area,
a login form I get.
Then I can auth. myself, and the application is store UserID, LoginTime,
etc.
After that I can see the content I need.

This section of my code/site I can create, because in the auth. handler
script I can login, later in the req. handler script I can catch the
username, and if I don't have specific values in Session, I can write
them into user Session.
Later I can check these values, and I can control  the page view.

BUT !
I don't know, how to control this Apache auth. later.
If Session time expired, I need to clear the Apache auth. values (user,
pwd). If don't do this the apache auth. handler allow to access the
restricted files.
When this Apache auth. finished ? How to I force to finish/expire ?

Or I understand something wrong ?

Thanks for your help:
    dd

<Directory "C:/web/htdocs/club">