[mod_python] error with test template system

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri May 12 19:08:05 EDT 2006

On 13/05/2006, at 7:00 AM, David Bear wrote:

> I downloaded the sample template system from
> http://www.modpython.org/examples/
>
> and placed it in a directory where publisher was set to be the .py
> handler.
>
> However, when I open the sample index.py file, modpython returns an
> error that there is no module named index. I am using modpython 3.1.3
> (rpm packaged by suse) and apache 2.0.53.
>
> I know modpython is handling the request since I get a regular python
> traceback when viewing the page through my web browser.
>
> Is there something simple that I have missed?

It will help if you send the exact text of the error with at least
the few most
inner frames in the traceback. Also send the Apache configuration
snippet
(not whole configuration) that you have used to enable mod_python for
the example. Also indicate whether mod_python is used by anyone else
of the server and whether the PythonPath directive has been set anywhere
at all in the Apache configuration. Finally, before you tried this
example,
did you try your own hello world example first.

I may not be around to answer this question in the short term as
going away
for a little trip, but with this information someone else may be able
to help.