[mod_python] problem setting up mod_python under Ubuntu Breezy

Dan Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 16:37:00 EST 2006

On 3/2/06, Graham Dumpleton <grahamd at dscpl.com.au> wrote:
> If you are using all the default packages from the distribution,
> including that for mod_python, it might be the case that the mod_python
> package was originally compiled against an older version of Python and
> thus will not work. Can you build the mod_python package yourself from
> source code and use that instead?

Thanks for the quick reply.  Your mod_python guide has been very helpful to me.

The package is called libapache-mod-python2.4, and it explicitly
depends on python2.4.  When I run "strings mod_python.so", I come up
with the string 2.4.1a0, whereas "python -V" gives me 2.4.2

Could it be that this minor version difference is causing the
conflict?  If so, I'll compile my own package ASAP.  Thanks,

Dan