[mod_python] How to make mod_python (Win32) not to rely onregistrykey?

Nicolas Lehuen nicolas at lehuen.com
Tue Jun 27 11:16:11 EDT 2006

I'm not sure this is a mod_python problem, rather a Python problem.
There is a "Movable Python" project which is precisely what you may
want : a Python distribution that doesn't need to be installed.
Apparently the server is down right now, but you'll find it here :

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/movpy/

Anyway, let me get things clear : what you would like is to be able to
specify relative paths in the PythonPath directive, right ? So it's
not related anymore with the need to set environment variable.

Have you just tried to use the PythonPath directive, and NOT the
environment variable, providing it absolute paths for a starter ? We
must first check whether the PythonPath directive solves the problem
if provided with absolute paths, before trying to patch it to accept
relative paths.

Regards,
Nicolas