[mod_python] odd behaviour of the md5-module in modpy

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 13:25:05 EDT 2006

On 6/26/06, Nikolaus Schlemm <nikl at nikl.net> wrote:
> >    import sys
> >    req.write( repr(sys.modules) )
> looks ok to me:
> {'cStringIO': <module 'cStringIO' ...

sys.modules looks fine to me as well.  I really don't know what is
going on.  I've checked the Python buglist too, and found nothing
similar.  The md5 module is all C based, and after reviewing the
code for it I can not yet see how running in the mod_python
environment could be affecting it.

Perhaps as just another sanity check for a conflicting library, find
one of your httpd processes (that you know has run your handler
at least once) and type out it's file mappings, e.g., as root for
process #12345:

   cat /proc/12345/maps

Also, please review the Apache error logs, just to make sure
nothing unusual is showing up in them.

And just to be clear, is all the software (python, apache, mod_python)
as-is from the linux distribution; or have you attempted to compile
or install any of the components yourself from source?
--
Deron Meranda