[mod_python] ImportError on RedHat Enterprise Linux

John Cartwright John.C.Cartwright at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 6 14:24:15 EDT 2006

Hello All,

I'm trying to get started w/ mod_python on a RedHat Enterprise WS 3
system (which came installed w/ mod_python 3.3).

After adding the configuration:

<Directory /data1/htdocs/python>
  PythonPath "sys.path+['/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages']"
  AddHandler mod_python .py
  PythonHandler mptest
  PythonDebug On
</Directory>

to /etc/httpd/conf.d/python.conf, I find that the handler is being
ignored and the apache error log shows:
ImportError: No module named mod_python.apache

mod_python itself seems to be loading OK as shown by /server-info.
Listed below is my test script - can someone point out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

-- john

import mod_python
from mod_python import apache