[mod_python] modpython, mysqldb best paractice

Robert Synnott rsynnott at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 11:53:24 EDT 2006

On 7/19/06, Martijn Moeling <martijn at xs4us.nu> wrote:

> We suspect that mysql is the problem here since the only thing we can see is
> mysql is consuming more and more swapspace and at some point it runs out of
> resources and starts looping. At that point the system (Linux) keeps running
> but with a 100% cpu utilization and we are unable to login and investigate.

This sounds somewhat like a problem I had with my cheap-and-dodgy
leased server, where after a few days running, database access (and
indeed disk access and other system calls in general) would cause the
machine to grind to a halt. The fix was an updated kernel;the one I
had been using didn't like something on the motherboard.
Rob