[mod_python] Talk on what is coming in mod_python 3.3.

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Jul 19 06:38:00 EDT 2006

Some may think it a bit premature, but I have offered to do a short talk
on what is coming in mod_python 3.3 at our local Python group. On the
off chance that anyone on this list is located in Sydney Australia,
or will
be there next week, you might like to drop in. The announcement is
included below, although I do question whether the venue is 1km from
both Central and Redfern stations. I could understand it if they meant
Redfern and Newtown stations. I think I'll catch the bus though, Redfern
isn't exactly the safest place to walk at night. :-)

The Sydney Python group is having its first meeting for the year on
Thursday July 27.

Usual time and new place:

Thursday, July 27, 2006  (6:30 PM - 8:30 PM)

The "new" University of Sydney School of IT Building.

Thanks to Bob Kummerfeld for arranging this.

The venue is approx 1 km from both Central and Redfern stations.

Use the entrance from the University side, not the Cleveland St side.
If you come from City Rd, enter the Seymour Centre forecourt and
follow the curve of the new building down to the foyer entrance.

http://www.cs.usyd.edu.au/~dasymond/index.cgi?p=Map

Please reply to this message (or click the appropriate radio button on
http://upcoming.org/event/89388) if you will be coming.

Talks:

Graham Dumpeton on what is coming in the next major version of
mod_python (3.3). This version of mod_python should represent a
significant improvement over previous versions in certain areas with
ramifications on stability. New features have also been added which
make mod_python a bit more flexible than it is now and more useable
in the way that Apache modules should be able to be used. Result
is that mod_python can truly be used for more than just a jumping off
point for stuff like WSGI and all those Python web frameworks that
keep popping up every day.

Mark Rees on his experiences in using IronPython with .NET and Mono.

The talks will be 15-20 minutes in length with plenty of time for
questions.

See you there.