[mod_python] mod_python with Apache2.2?

Ted zyloch at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 06:45:23 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to install mod_python with Apache 2.2 all night with
little success (actually, Apache 2.2.3 to be precise). First of all, I'm
wondering if it is even possible. I downloaded the Windows version of
v3.2.10 (mod_python-3.2.10.win32-py2.4-apache2.2.exe), and I also have
Python 2.4 installed (the latest since I just downloaded it onto my
laptop last night).

Judging by the name, it should work. I ran the binary and installed it.
The files all seem to have appeared in my mod_python folder somewhere
inside c:\Python24 and mod_python.so is in the modules folder inside my
Apache2.2 folder as it should be. I've added the statement: "LoadModule
python_module modules/mod_python.so" but upon doing so, Apache will not
restart (nor start again).

Once in awhile, the error log will show an error OS 995 having to do
with AcceptEx or something (I don't have the exact error anymore), and
when I Googled it, suggestions seemed to be to try and add extra
directives including Win32DisableAcceptEx. I did this and it didn't seem
to do anything, except now there aren't any error messages at all,
whether I take it out or put it in. If I comment out the mod_python
module, everything loads fine.

Now, I had also rolled back to Apache 2.0.x as well and downloaded
mod_python 3.2.8 to try it out and the same situation occurred.

I probably should also point out that I have installed other modules
with success, such as PHP so I don't know why it won't work with Python.

Any help would be great, and gently if possible. I'm no good with
servers or the like. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give :-)

Ted
<http://www.uniontransit.com/apache/httpd/modpython/win/3.2.10/mod_python-3.2.10.win32-py2.4-apache2.2.exe>