[mod_python] Distinguish http from https?

Glenn Hochberg gah at research.att.com
Tue Apr 25 12:21:25 EDT 2006

One (admittedly somewhat klugey) solution is to add:
	PythonOption ssl on
to your ssl VirtualHost container (i.e. typically in ssl.conf), and
then test for this option in your mod_python code, e.g.:

     url = 'http://'
     if req.get_options().has_key('ssl'):  url = 'https://'

This is what I've been using for some time, but it's great to know
that something less config-intrusive will be available in future.

--Glenn