[mod_python] Writing modules in Python

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Thu Sep 8 12:08:16 EDT 2005

On 08/09/2005, at 11:50 PM, Devraj Mukherjee wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am a newbie to mod_python (I have programmed in Python before) and
> having trouble understanding if using mod_python or one of the related
> projectes (such as mod_snake which seems to be dea) I can actually
> develop
> Apache modules in Python.
>
> I have been tossing the option of writing modules for Apache for a
> while
> and have been wanting to avoid C programming ;-) if I can write them in
> Python it will be my prefered way.

It really depends on what you are trying to do. You are not going to be
able to do what a full blown Apache module can do as mod_python doesn't
expose everything in the Apache API. You can still do various things
though.

Thus, it all depends on what you want to do. You might like to describe
what you want to do and we may be able to give a better answer as to
whether it will be possible.