[mod_python] transhandler setup?

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Thu Sep 1 23:12:01 EDT 2005

IR labs wrote ..
> >> Then I thought that maybe transhandler could help me in the end, but
> >> got stuck with that one rather soon.
> >> 2. Using transhandler to set the filename and have it decide what
> >> apache should be doing.
> >>
> >> <IfModule mod_python.c>
> >>      PythonPath "sys.path + ['/var/www/python/']"
> >>      PythonTransHandler translate
> >
> > Try adding here in addition to the above:
> >
> >   AddHandler mod_python .py
> >   PythonHandler main
> >
> > Ie., rather than trying to use req.add_handler(). What happens then?
>
> Exactly the same. I.e the code of main.py is written to the browser as
> text/plain. Strange...

I'm running out of ideas, it may just be a configuration issue. If you haven't
already, look through past mailing list messages about transhandler. Eg.

  http://www.google.com/search?q=inurl%3Apipermail+transhandler+main&q=site%3Awww.modpython.org

You can also just type in "transhandler" into search box on mod_python
home page.

Maybe that will help.