[mod_python] Can't parse code

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sun Mar 6 16:06:36 EST 2005

You used the wrong documentation. You have installed 2.7.X but followed
instructions for 3.1.X for setting up test.

Change config to:

<Directory /var/www/html>
         AddHandler python-program .py
         PythonHandler mptest
         PythonDebug On
</Directory>"

Ie. change "mod_python" to "python-program".

Also recommended you change mptest.py code to:

from mod_python import apache

def handler(req):
         req.content_type = "text/plain"
         req.send_http_headers()
         req.write("Hello World!")
         return apache.OK

Ie., exlicitly set content type to "text/plain", otherwise you are at
mercy of server/browser config as to what type it is sent as, with
browsers
sometimes asking you to save file rather than view it.