[mod_python] Can't parse code

Mário Gamito lists at tuxdoit.com
Sun Mar 6 15:04:25 EST 2005

Hi,

I've installed mod_python in Apache, *carefully* following the
instructions in the site:

"$ ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
make
make install"

After that, i've configured (and restarted) Apache:
"LoadModule python_module libexec/mod_python.so

(...)

<Directory /var/www/html>
         AddHandler mod_python .py
         PythonHandler mptest
         PythonDebug On
</Directory>"

wrote the example in the tutorial:
"from mod_python import apache

     def handler(req):
         req.write("Hello World!")
         return apache.OK"

and put it in /var/www/html in a file named mptest.py

--

Now, the problems :(

Apache won't start if i have the lines:
"PythonHandler mptest
PythonDebug On"

It says:
"Invalid Command PythonHandler, perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module not included in the server configuration"
"Invalid Command PythonDebug, perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration".

If i comment those lines, Apache starts but mod_python doesn't parse the
code, it just displays it in the browser :(

If i use a .htaccess file in /var/www/html, same thing happens.

I've read the FAQ, googled for the problem, but did not found any
suggestion that solved this issue.

I'm using Apache 1.3.33, mod_python 2.7.11 and Python 2.3.4

I'm stuck on this :(

Any help would be apreciated.

Warm Regards,
Mário Gamito