[mod_python] DBXML

Dr Robert Sanderson azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Jan 18 05:50:42 EST 2005

>> The trouble I had was different versions of expat conflicting.
>> Python comes with one version, Apache with one, and bdbxml probably has a
>> third.  If they're different versions, things fail hideously.

> So how did you solve it, if you did.  The two obvious potential
> solutions given that situation are:

I removed the expats from Python and 4Suite and compiled them against the
same version as Apache :/

Thankfully as of Python 2.4 and 4Suite 1.0a4 they all use the latest
version of expat, so it doesn't fail any more.

If bdbxml doesn't use the latest, you could always ask the developers (who
I've had nothing but good experiences with in the past) to update it.

Rob

       ,'/:.          Dr Robert Sanderson (azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk)
   ,'--/::(@)::.      Dept. of Computer Science, Room 805
,'---/::::::::::.    University of Liverpool
____/:::::::::::::.  L5R Shop: http://www.cardsnotwords.com/
I L L U M I N A T I