[mod_python] DBXML

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 21:43:45 EST 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:24:00 +0000 (GMT), Dr Robert Sanderson
<azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk> wrote:

> Probably the same reason that I've had trouble in the past doing something
> very similar...
>
> The trouble I had was different versions of expat conflicting.
>
> Python comes with one version, Apache with one, and bdbxml probably has a
> third.  If they're different versions, things fail hideously.

So how did you solve it, if you did.  The two obvious potential
solutions given that situation are:

1) Remove the binary packages, compile a dynamically linked expat and
then recompile the other packages against it.

2) Alternatively, remove the binary packages and recompile them
statically linked against the same version of expat.  To be honest,
I'm a bit dubious about this option.

Regards,
Mamading