[mod_python] Segmentation fault with mod_python and DBXML

Manjeet Chaudhary manjeet at infogridpacific.com
Tue Aug 16 06:24:02 EDT 2005

Hello All,

Sorry if the mail got duplicated.
I am developing a web based application; based on Apache, mod_python,
dbxml and python programming; When i try to import dbxml module( to
perform various dbxml operations ) from mod-python handler and give a
url request to mod-python handler i am getting an error of Segmentation
Fault in apache error log .
I am using following versions of software
1) dbxml -  2.1.8
2) python - 2.3.4
3) mod-python - 1.3.4
4) apache 2.0.52
5) Kernel version-2.6.9-5.0.5-EL

I think the error occurs at the time when i am creating the XmlManager
instance in dbxml module.
I am using Publisher Handler of mod-python.

Apache error log (/var/log/httpd/error_log)

[Tue Aug 16 10:17:43 2005] [notice] mod_python: (Re)importing module
'mod_python.publisher'
[Tue Aug 16 10:17:43 2005] [notice] mod_python: (Re)importing module 'x'
with path set to '['/var/www/cgi-bin/sw']'
[Tue Aug 16 10:17:44 2005] [notice] child pid 3238 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

Please let me know is there any solution to this problem .
It is very urgent.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Manjeet Chaudhary