[mod_python] A PSP templating example with XML and XSLT

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 13 07:17:06 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Lee Brown wrote:

>Greetings!
>
>Here is the problem:
>
><?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
>href="/static/._stylesheet/example/browser_info.xsl"?>
>
>Some browsers (like IE6) recognize "text/xsl". Some browsers (like Opera)
>recognize "application/xml".  Mozilla and Firefox recognize both types.  I
>suspect that if you changed "text/xsl" to "application/xml" it would work on
>Opera, Konqueror, and Safari.

I took a look at it but it seems that (for now) khtml & opera do not
support xsl transformation, no matter what I put in the headers.
I primarily test it with gecko based browsers ( firefox & mozilla) and
IE, both work. I could built in legacy support but I am not going to do
that, those lazy browser-bastards should do the transformation :-).
I'm only partial kidding, my primary focus for this test is to use the
technique in the network I administrate so I can be bold and say that I
only support xsl compliant browsers.
And to be honest as long as the technique I use are w3c recommend and
Firefox renders the page adequate, I'm not going to put in more effort,
xsl for crying out loud is a standard since November 1999 that is almost
_6_ years ago.
However it works on the browser with the biggest market share and on a
cross-platform browser, that's not too bad.

Thanks again for taking the effort to look at it and reply! I really do
appreciate it allot!

--
mph