Pylets (was RE: [mod_python] persistent, reliable globals)

Ben ben at medianstrip.net
Thu Mar 11 02:20:51 EST 2004

i think draco is great.  you should definitely use it.

you're of course welcome to beta / alpha test whatever i come up with.
however i expect it won't be as mature as draco for some time.

MVC = model view controller, yes.  i think it's a good paradigm.  i
just prefer to not have it built into the system.

sessions are short-lived data that needs to be accessed frequently.
this it not what relational databases are for.  a dbm-style database
is a better choice.  but there's no real difference unless you're
trying to squeeze out a lot of performance.

hope this answers your questions.  i'm sure the experts who read this
list might have more educated responses.