[mod_python] Mysterious Apache2.0 pauses

David McNab david at rebirthing.co.nz
Thu Feb 26 15:24:50 EST 2004

Hi,

When hitting a mod_python driven page in Apache 2.0, something seems to
hang for up to 30 seconds.

I've painstakingly verified that it is not my code, or my (very simple)
mod_python handler, causing the hang.

This is only happening with Apache2.0, and doesn't always happen.

I see it most often with the first hit after restarting Apache (in which
  case it happens probably 1 in 3 times).

Occasionally I see it happen with subsequent hits to the same page, but
much less often - slightly more often if there's been a delay between hits.

Any thoughts?

--

Kind regards
David

--

leave this line intact so your email gets through my junk mail filter