[mod_python] Anti-mod_python discrimination

David McNab david at rebirthing.co.nz
Sun Feb 29 01:49:42 EST 2004

Eric Windisch wrote:
> Web hosting companies providing CPanel will make it quite clear on their
> website.  This does not mean that they support Python, only that they
> will have a version installed new enough to run Mailman.

Nice tip. Verrry nice tip! :)

Especially given the number of vhosts that say they have 'python', but
never indicate on their websites *which version* of python.

Also, it seems the majority of public vhosts refuse to run a python
later than 1.5.2.

But knowing about Cpanel, it's looking possible to construct google
queries for hosting that might give low-noise results lists.

--

Kind regards
David

--

leave this line intact so your email gets through my junk mail filter