[mod_python] With OS X and Python 2.4 - installed but not working

Jason Stitt jason at pengale.com
Thu Dec 23 09:45:12 EST 2004

I ended up dropping my grand plans of installing everything in an
out-of-the-way location. I installed Python 2.4 as a framework its
default install dir under /Library. It went pretty smoothly. A readline
hack is no longer necessary, for example.

On Dec 22, 2004, at 10:40 PM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> But then that is correct in my case as I patched mod_python so it will
> work with standard Python 2.3 shipped with Mac OS X, thus avoiding
> building Python 2.4 and trying to get it to work. :-)

Nor was this ;)  Once I had python in a 'normal' location, mod_python
built with nothing more than a --with-apxs. And my server string is
showing Python/2.4 now instead of Python/2.3, so it probably was a
problem mixing frameworks.

Lesson learned: do things they way you're supposed to. Hey, it's OS X.
What did I expect? ;)

Thanks,

Jason