[mod_python] Some questions

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Tue Dec 14 03:22:00 EST 2004

Kevin White wrote:

>Ok, so I have a few questions for you python programmers:
>
>1- What text editor do you use?  I have been using vim/gvim but it
>frustrates me in a couple areas.  It gets all confused with its smart
>indenting in some cases and I have to undo what it does.  Also, I
>can't just put my cursor somewhere and hit 'i' (to go into insert
>mode) and start backspacing.  I have to delete from the left of the
>text rather than backspacing from the right.  Anyway, so what text
>editor do you all use?   Is anyone out there using a good text editor
>for PSP files, and if so what editor?

I use vim, but there are loads of others. It is possible to customize
its behaviour, but you may prefer something else.

http://docs.python.org/ for python
http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/ for mod python

>3- What is a "PEP"?

A "PEP" is a "Python Enhancement Proposal", the way new features /
changes for the language are proposed and handled. Similar to RFCs on
the internet

>That aught to do it for now. :)
>
>Thanks!
>
>Kevin