[mod_python] Still displaying source instead of results...

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Thu Dec 2 22:51:55 EST 2004

Anthony M. Saffer wrote:

> Additionally, I added the following lines to my httpd.conf file right under
> the AddModule list:
>
> AddHandler mod_python .py
> PythonHandler mptest
> PythonDebug On

This is incorrect. Do this:

  <Directory /some/directory/htdocs/test>
   AddHandler python-program .py
   PythonHandler mptest
   PythonDebug On
</Directory>

> This is ALL that the docs tell me to do and, yet, when I run the following

You're not reading the right manual:

  http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-2.7.8/doc-html/

> script I get a dump of the source. The script is not executing even though
> I've gone as far as to chmod +x the script.

It's not a script, it's a module. It doesn't execute like a CGI, it gets
loaded into the interpreter. Therefore it doesn't need to be made
executable, only readable.