[mod_python] PythonHandler in <Location> works until I add a PythonAuthenHandler, then apache tries to serve req as physical file in htdocs?

perry.tew at cibavision.novartis.com perry.tew at cibavision.novartis.com
Tue Oct 7 09:10:26 EST 2003

The more I play with this, the more I think the problem I'm seeing is
because I'm not using the
security as it was designed.  I don't think apache likes a 'require'
directive without an AuthType
or AuthName.  The only problem is, if I add those two directives, the user
is prompted for a username
and password, which I want to avoid since I'm using SSL certs.

I changed the handler from an authen handler to an access handler.
Everything works like a charm.
I guess I'll live with that. Although it's technically not the correct
place to authenticate, it's close enough
not to be confusing.

Thanks everyone,
Perry Tew

Hello,
   I'm having a issue using both a PythonAuthenHandler and PythonHandler
in the same <Location> directive.

The PythonAuthenHandler works when used within a <Directory /www/cgi-bin/>

directive.
The PythonHandler works with a <Location> directive

However, when I add the Authen handler to the <Location> directive, my
python handler is no longer called, instead, I receive a 404 stating that
my uri was mapped to the htdocs directory and could not be found.   Allow
me to illustrate:

<Location /manager>
        SetHandler python-program
        PythonHandler TicketManager
</Location>

The above works fine.  My python script is located in my PythonPath under
the site-packages directory and is named TicketManager.py.

However, this doesn't work:
<Location /manager>
        SetHandler python-program
        PythonHandler TicketManager

        PythonAuthenHandler TicketAuthenHandler
        require valid-user
</Location>

Instead of seeing the output of my python script, I receive a 404 error
and the following is displayed in my error_log:
[Tue Oct 07 00:13:59 2003] [error] [client 170.60.46.224] File does not
exist: /web/devel/tewpe1/py/apache2/htdocs/manager

Again, the authen handler works when protecting a physical directory. Does

anyone have any insight to this?  I know the security directives seem a
little bare bones, but I'm not using Basic Auth, I'm using SSL Client
Certs.  However, it does work.  My authen handler returns apache.OK.

I also have a CleanupHandler defined (but not shown) and that is
executing.

Thanks for your  time,
Perry Tew