[mod_python] has anyone successfully built mod_python3.03 on OpenBSD?

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Thu Mar 20 23:46:47 EST 2003

I am OpenBSD ignorant, but on FreeBSD it builds without a hinch (it also
builds on Darwin which has its own different set of complications).

This message usually means libtool is complaining that it won't build an
.so out of static libraries.

On all other OS's I've seen it this was resolvable by upgrading to latest
libtool where this restriction has been lifted.

Another solution is to build pythonlib as an .so - Python does not
directly support this, but it has been reported to work fine if done
manually with something like (YMMV):

mkdir .extract
cd .extract
ar xv ../libpython2.2.a
cd ..
gcc -shared -o libpython2.2.so.0 .extract/*.o
rm -rf .extract

Grisha