[mod_python] has anyone successfully built mod_python3.03 on OpenBSD?

Mark Taylor mtaylor at real.com
Thu Mar 20 17:03:56 EST 2003

./configure --with-apxs=<location of apxs>  goes normally, without error.
running 'make' then goes normally until the end, when we get this output:

*** Warning: inter-library dependencies are not known to be supported.
*** All declared inter-library dependencies are being dropped.

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module libmod_python.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

Now su and make install
  (or, if you only want to perform a partial install,
   you can use make install_dso and make install_py_lib)

Source distribution found

# make install

Compiling for DSO.

Performing DSO installation.

/usr/bin/install -c src/mod_python.so /usr/local/apache2/modules
install: src/mod_python.so: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /tmp/mod_python-3.0.3 (line 94 of Makefile).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /tmp/mod_python-3.0.3 (line 91 of Makefile).

AND, in fact, the link in ./src is broken.  there is no mod_python.so in
./src/.libs/

# ls src/.libs
libmod_python.a mod_python.la   mod_python.lai

???

mt

--
Mark Taylor

Real Networks
Systems Administrator
Developer Services Group - Technical Operations

http://votetoimpeach.org/