[mod_python] Announcement: Roadkill version 0.01 "Kitten"

Neo Eureka neo at https.ru
Fri Jun 6 13:48:00 EST 2003

  Not "completely" I think... It should be very very similar to the
old well-known "mod_snake", a open project that was closed for some
reason...

> And now for something completely different...

> I'd like to announce my new mod_python project "Roadkill".

> Roadkill is a Python-language version of PHP/ASP.  It lets you embed
> Python code within a .epy webpage to generate dynamic content.  This
> lets you edit your code with your favorite GUI webpage editor instead
> of pasting HTML into your CGI or keeping a bunch of templates that
> your CGI imports.

  This is not true. Not true. Not true.
With my templating system I use exactlty ONE XML-file as a template
for a huge and complex Web-site, and I can edit it with "my favorite"
editor. Did you try to write a big site with your "PHP/ASP"-ish Python
"templates"? Not just "<h1>Hellow, <% print world %>! <h1>" .