[mod_python] Announcement: Roadkill version 0.01 "Kitten"

Etienne Posthumus etienne at cs.vu.nl
Sun Jun 8 12:59:35 EST 2003

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> Let's make the killer app, right here, right now. I am building the
> framework for my sites, and a commercial project. I know that I want to use
<snip>

Hi Jonathan,

Many of the suggestions you make have already been implemented by someone
in one form or the other. My two cents is that you don't need to go out
and re-do the entire killer app, but you have the luxury of picking and
choosing between the various web application frameworks that exists for
Python. Many frameworks are modular enough to mix and match.

So spend some time playing with existing frameworks and you will most
likely find most of you requirements already fulfilled in one way or the
other.

When I did the same, I came up with:
Quixote + Medusa
with the option of mod_python replacing Medusa if necessary for
performance issues or Apache integration in future,
and the option of PyMeld supplementing the Quixote Templates if ever
necessary. But for now the Quixote Template idea is a joy to use.

For persistence I use a RDF-inspired layer on top of a SQL basis. (and
because Medusa is single-threaded I simply use sqlite as the database.
Simple and quick)

Etienne Posthumus
Programmer, IIDS - Intelligent Interactive Distributed Systems
http://www.iids.org/
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam