[mod_python] Errors off of a fresh install.

Xavier sabu at pure-elite.org
Wed Jul 23 03:38:02 EST 2003

Greetings,

I went ahead and installed the mod_python-3.0.3 dist with a fresh
installation of python 2.2, apache 2.0.47, and php4*.  I followed all of
the compile/installation instructions and went ahead with the testing.

While testing the generic (with fine indentation) mptest.py code -- I ran
into the "Internal error"/500 from apache.  Here is why it won't execute:

[Wed Jul 23 09:13:28 2003] [error] make_obcallback: could not import
mod_python.apache.

ImportError: No module named mod_python.apache

I then opened up python and tried to import "mod_python.apache" only to
get this in return:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 67, in ?
    import _apache
ImportError: No module named _apache

Has anyone else ran into this same fault? anyoneh ave any solutions? I'd
like to get mod_python_+Roadkill working and hopefully this is a fixable
problem.

Thanks,
-- Xavier.