[mod_python] apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536

Kevin Smith hawkeesk8 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 24 08:46:53 EST 2003

Hi,

I am getting the infamous "apxs:Error: Command failed
with rc=65536" error when trying to compile mod_python
3.0.3 against Apache 2.0.40 on RH9.

I have seen this error mentioned before on this list
and under each circumstance the reply was that the
version of python is too old.

However, I am running a compiled from source, Python
2.3c1 and the 'out-of-the-box' apache 2.0.40 (both
httpd and httpd-devel) that comes with RH9.

I issue ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs
--with-python=/usr/local/bin/python
and then when I do the make I get the following (only
the last number of lines have been  included because I
don't think there were problems previous to this):

requestobject.c: In function `getreq_recmbr_off':
requestobject.c:1055: `LONG_LONG' undeclared (first
use in this function)
requestobject.c:1055: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
requestobject.c:1055: for each function it appears
in.)
requestobject.c:1056: parse error before "l"
requestobject.c:1057: `l' undeclared (first use in
this function)
requestobject.c: At top level:
requestobject.c:1270: warning: initialization from
incompatible pointer type
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536
.
make[1]: *** [mod_python.so] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/mod_python-3.0.3/src'