[mod_python] Date persistence accross connections.

Stefan C. Kremer skremer at q.cis.uoguelph.ca
Wed Feb 12 14:49:03 EST 2003

Hi,

I would like to store information in a variable and be able to access it
with subsequent http requests.

It is my understanding that each virtual server name has its own namespace
(which is no problem since all my information is specific to the
namespace), and that httpd is now threaded instead of multiple processes.
So should I be able to just store a variable in my local namespace and
then return to it the next time I make an http connection?  Or might my
next connect be executing python in a different namespace for some
reason?!?

Sorry if I'm way off base here.  Any advice much appreciated.

	-SK

Dr. Stefan C. Kremer, Associate Prof.
Reynolds Building, 106
Dept. of Computing and Information Science
University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario	N1G 2W1

WWW: http://q.cis.uoguelph.ca/~skremer
Tel: (519)824-4120 Ext.8913  Fax: (519)837-0323
E-mail:  skremer at uoguelph.ca