[mod_python] cannot import mod_python.apache error

Arcady Genkin agenkin-lst-mod_python at thpoon.com
Mon Feb 3 21:46:03 EST 2003

"Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <grisha at modpython.org> writes:

> Someone else reported this "import site" problem, and as far as I can
> remember it is actually a bug in Python, not mod_python - perhaps someone
> can fill in the details?

When installing Python from sources, "make install" installs the files
in $prefix/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload/ with bad permissions (even though
permissions for everything else are fine).  I have to manually fix
them every time I (re)compile Python.  When I forget to fix them, the
error message that I am seeing is exactly:

      [Mon Feb 03 21:34:15 2003] [error] make_obcallback: could not
      import mod_python.apache.

Perhaps this is what was causing the grief for the original poster,
since it looks awfully similar to the subject line of this thread.
--
Arcady Genkin : CDF Systems Administrator
http://www.cdf.toronto.edu/~agenkin/contact.html

guilt is the cause of more disauders
than history's most obscene marorders (E.E. Cummings)