[mod_python] Session data

Geoff Talvola gtalvola at nameconnector.com
Mon Jun 4 10:30:12 EST 2001

At 09:40 AM 5/31/01 +0200, Bo Lorentsen wrote:
>Chris Hagner wrote:
> > You might want to check out WebWare (webware.sourceforge.net) as an
> expample
> > web framework that has some session support.  I think they pickle
> objects to
> > the file system.  There are some other python-based cgi frameworks that
> also
> > support user sessions, but just be aware of how far such solutions
> will/will
> > not take you.
>
>I would be nervous about the performance and the real-time aspect by using the
>file system approach, but thanks for the advise, I will look into it.

I believe that Webware stores sessions primarily in memory, but
periodically pickles inactive sessions to the filesystem to conserve
RAM.  Also when you stop the app server, it pickles all sessions to disk so
that it can reload them when you restart it.

--

- Geoff Talvola
   gtalvola at NameConnector.com