[mod_python] mod_python 2.5 error on fresh install

Jeff Okamoto okamoto at xfiles.intercon.hp.com
Mon Oct 9 12:57:27 EST 2000

> I sent this to comp.lang.python as well... I'd go the RPM route or the
> DSO route but if someone can point me in the right direction I'd just as
> soon use the latest version of mod_python (i.e. 2.5). Is there some
> problem with the installation file in the (rather limited) online docs?

Yes, the INSTALL file and Tutorial (from the web site) are both incorrect
in describing the installation and test procedures.

To get things working with how you've set them up, you will need to wrap
your three-line section to look like:

<Directory /path/to/apache/htdocs/test>
	AddHandler python-program .py
	PythonHandler mptest
	PythonDebug On
</Directory>

Then simply access any URI on your system and just make sure that it has
a .py suffix.  Instead of a 404, you should get the test output from
mptest.py.  If you do see a 404, then something is still broken.

Jeff