[mod_python] mod_python 2.5 error on fresh install

Hamilton Link helink at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 9 13:16:11 EST 2000

I sent this to comp.lang.python as well... I'd go the RPM route or the
DSO route but if someone can point me in the right direction I'd just as
soon use the latest version of mod_python (i.e. 2.5). Is there some
problem with the installation file in the (rather limited) online docs?

thanks,
hamilton

> I should probably add that I have the following in my httpd.conf, and that the
> mptest.py file is in $APACHEDIR/htdocs/test -- I wouldn't be overly surprised if
> this is a configuration problem, I'm just not sure what to do to fix it (I'm trying
> a few things though). How am I supposed to tell it where to look for python files
> with such handlers? Am I just supposed to put them in the python directory structure
> -- that doesn't seem right either...
>
>  AddHandler python-program .py
>  PythonHandler mptest
>  PythonDebug On
>
> I'm trying to set up mod_python in Apache. I've built Apache before
and
> everything works fine, but this time I included mod_python amongst the

> statically linked mods (I figured I'd try that and then go back and
try
> the seemingly more complicated process of building mod_python as a
DSO,