[mod_python] Problems under windows

Stéphane BIDOUL SBID at BXS.BE
Mon Jun 5 12:01:12 EST 2000

Hi,

mod_python seems to crash sometimes under
windows (Windows 2000, Python 1.5.2, Apache 1.3.11, mod_python 2.2).

I can trigger the problem by keeping the "refresh" key pressed in the
browser. I use the most trivial test script:

	print "content-type: text/plain"
	print
	print "Hello from mod_python"

and the following httpd.conf

	LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.dll
	AddHandler python-program .py
	PythonHandler mod_python.cgihandler
	PythonDebug

The problem seems to be thread-related because I sometimes
get the following message:

	Fatal Python error: ceval: orphan tstate

Sometimes it's simply an access violation.

It seems to occur somewhere inside the PyObject_CallMethod call
in python_handler().

I'm not intimate with python or apache threading, so maybe someone
can examine the problem further... Or maybe it's simply my windows build of
mod_python which is wrong somehow...

Any idea?

-Stephane
sbi at acse.be