[mod_python] Configuring Apache with mod_python for WSGI

Dallas Brown kdbdallas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 18:20:32 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am trying to configure my Apache/mod_python setup (Apache/2.4.16 (Unix) mod_python/3.5.0- Python/3.4.0) to work with Falcon (http://falconframework.org) and I am following the steps located in the modpython.org docs under the WSGI Handler section (http://modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/handlers.html#wsgi-handler).

I can’t get any of that section to work, and frankly it doesn’t really make sense.
For example you are making the file named wsgi.py but then in the config you call mysite.wsgi which has never been mentioned anywhere, so I am not sure what it is supposed to be. It almost seems like a typo, however trying wsgi.py on my server didn’t work either.

Has anyone ever used Falcon with mod_python before?

Any help would be very appreciative.

-Dallas