[mod_python] mod_python for python 2.7 and apache 2.2

Me zedeyakh at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 18:21:35 EDT 2011

Hello All

I'm fairly new to python and apache
I've already installed python 2.7 and apache 2.2 on windows XP and it's running
perfectly.

I came across the mod_python feature\module n its advantages while I was looking
for Oracle DB API (oc_oracle for python) since mod_python is essential and
faster then CGI I would love to install it but I am stuck to begin with.

I've been reading this modpython install instruction from this site:

http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-2.7.8/doc-html/app-wininst.html

(which sounds manual) and it says:

You need to download both the 'mod_python.dll' and the
'mod_python-x.tgz'......files from the main page.

I main page I can't locate the "  mod_python.dll "

I've downloaded "mod_python-3.3.1.tgz " from
(http://archive.apache.org/dist/httpd/modpython/)
  (upon unzipped with TatTool it gives one folder named 'mod_python 3.3.1' and
few subfolders\files.)

now in the instruction for 'Widnows Installation' page which is:
http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-2.7.8/doc-html/app-wininst.html

I can't proceed to step 2. for "Integrating it with Apache" when it says:
Locate the file mod_python.dll that you downloaded before ..........

 In the oracle site which is:
(http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/piotrowski-pythoncore-084049.html)
it says :

Download mod_python-3.2.8.win32-py2.4.exe from
(http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/modpython/win/3.2.8/) and double-click the
downloaded executable.

but the URL doesn't work but it sounds like the whole thing is automated by
getting .exe file.
Is there any way just to get a .exe or .msi for whole installation of modpython?
(for python 27 n apache 2.2 on XP)
how could I find\download the  'mod_python.dll'  ?
Does the instruction as the
"http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-2.7.8/doc-html/app-wininst.html" work?
and is it the only way to install the whole thing?
I've been googling my head off since last night and can't figure out where to
get modpython.dll.

Please walk me though and give me the URL and instruction for installing
modpython.dll.

Your help is deeply appreciated.

Pink Floyd: >>>> We are all equal at the end.