[mod_python] passing parameters from index() to POST method

David Zaslavsky diazona at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 19:56:02 EST 2010

If I understand correctly: you're talking about a situation where the client
visits the URL wifikeys.py/index, which generates the page that includes the
HTML form; then the user fills in the form and submits it via POST method to
the URL wifikeys.py/gen_keys, at which time mod_python calls the gen_keys
method, right?

The normal way to pass data to a form handler (your gen_keys method) is to
encode it as hidden input fields in the form.  For each pair "name"="value"
that you want to transmit to gen_keys, the form should include an element like
 <input type="hidden" name="name" value="value">
These input elements will not show up in the browser but their names and
values will be submitted along with the visible form fields, just like any
other input elements in the form.  (Note that a technically savvy user can
change the values)

Another way to handle it would be to store the data in a session.

:) David