[mod_python] package importing

Ivan Ricotti i.ricotti at elabor.biz
Thu Jun 24 05:43:10 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm exploring mod_python and I'm having trouble with the package importing.

I've a structure like this:

 <my base dir>

   +- __init__.py
   +- index.py
   +- package (directory)

       +- __init__.py
       +- package.py (file)

and an Apache Virtual Host like this:

 <VirtualHost *:80>

        ServerAdmin root at localhost
        ServerName myname
        DocumentRoot /path/to/my base dir

        <Location />
                DirectoryIndex index.html index.py
                Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
                AddHandler mod_python .py
                PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
        </Location>

 </VirtualHost>

in the index.py file I've something like this:

    from package.package import myobject

When I load index.py from Apache, I get a 500 Internal Server Error as
follows:

    ImportError: No module named package.package

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
Ivan

--
Ivan Ricotti
eLabor sc - via Giuseppe Garibaldi 33, 56127 Pisa
email: i.ricotti at elabor.biz
GnuPG KeyID: DFD581C5 - 13/11/2003