[mod_python] mod_python.Session freezes with apache 2

Raphaël B. nashii at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 21:08:10 EST 2010

Hello,

I'm attempting to create some web application with mod_python, but as soon
as I call one attribute/method that is linked to the session module, the
navigator is "freezing" (not exactly, in fact, it is searching the webpage,
and searching, and searching ...)

I'm working with mod_python.psp in apache, but I have tried with
mod_python.publisher too, and neither is working ...

psp: there is just that in the page:

<%
if not hasattr(req,'session'):
    req.session = Session.Session(req)

if req.session.is_new():
    req.write("Hello !")
%>

and publisher:

#!/usr/bin/python
# -*- coding: iso-8859-1 -*-

import sys
from mod_python import apache, util, Session

def index(req):
    req.content_type = "text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1"
    req.send_http_header()
    req.write("Hello world!\n")
    sess = Session.Session(req)
    return "Bye bye!"

Both are freezing.

I think my head will explode if it continue ><

Could you please help me ? Perhaps apache is misconfigured for mod_python ?
Could you give me some way to correct the problem ?

Thank you very much,
Raphaël

PS: Excuse me for my english, i'm French.