[mod_python] mod_python Apache help

nitin chandra nitinchandra1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 05:07:38 EDT 2009

Hello Everyone,

This is some what off-topic but i have been searching for a solution
to my unique problem (which is most of the time, why me )

I have installed FC10 32bit on a Intel P4, 256MB DDR, with 80Gb HDD,

Kernel 2.6.27

httpd-2.2.13.tar.gz

This is for my development of applications

I wanted to have Apache working with WORKER MPM , but no luck. I have
been studying on apache web site n searching the google for the past 3
weeks, no luck.

http still compiles with 'prefork'

this is what i am giving after untaring

./configure --prefix=/opt/apache2 --with-mpm=worker --with-tk
--enable-module=auth_tk --with-tcl --enable-module=auth_tcl
--enable-auth-ldap --enable-ldap --with-ldap --enable-ssl --with-ssl
--disable-prefork --enable-so --enable-threads

There is no error on compiling.

On runnign ./configure there is a line which says 'checking which mpm
to use ... worker'

# cat configure.log

shows worker mpm where ever it is required.

# cat Makefile

has a line

INSTALL_HEADERS = \
        include/*.h \
        $(srcdir)/include/*.h \
        $(srcdir)/os/$(OS_DIR)/os.h \
        $(srcdir)/server/mpm/$(MPM_SUBDIR_NAME)/*.h \
        $(srcdir)/modules/aaa/mod_auth.h \
        $(srcdir)/modules/database/mod_dbd.h \

When i check httpd-2.2.13/server/mpm/worker/  There is a 'worker.c'
file but not "worker.h" file. The above Makefile is looking for a *.h
file.

There are no errors at 'make' & 'make install' process.

on doing /opt/apache2/bin/httpd -l

[root at mi bin]# httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c
[root at mi bin]#

Please tell me / guide me where am i going wrong.... and how to go
about to have worker MPM working.

I will be doing app development using mod_python+apache.

TIA

Nitin