RE: [mod_python] Moving from mod_python to mod_wsgi -- what framework?‏ again

Fernando Vicente peuchele at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 12 17:09:57 EDT 2009

Hi list,

This e-mail is just to tell that I finally choose the framework that Geert recommended: django
It is pretty easy to learn and has a good documentation. Template system is also good. Regarding sessions, they are a little bit different, for example you don't need to lock/unlock or even save(), which is also nice.

I think that Pylons is also probably good, but my first impression was like 'this is too much for what I needed'. I guess this is what happens when you come from a background were you are used to do what you need 'by hand'.

Thanks for your suggestions!