[mod_python] mod_python - executing misc python scripts

aurfalien at gmail.com aurfalien at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 19:27:17 EDT 2009

Hi all,

New to the list and everything else for that matter.

Following a very easy how to, I got mod_python to work and my next
step is to run any sort of python script via the browser.

In my current directives, I notice that one must load a module in the
http conf file.

And without specifying this, one cannot run the python script.

ie;

<Directory /some/directory/htdocs/test>
AddHandler mod_python .py
PythonHandler mptest
PythonDebug On
</Directory>

Is it possible to have a sort of wild card for the PythonHanlder so
that I can run any sort of python script desired by simply doing

http://myhost/runjob.py

or

http://myhost/printmeta.py

I am aware that these scripts would have to exist in /some/directory/
htdocs/test for example, but am hoping to skipe moding the http conf
file when needing to run particular python scripts.

Any feedback welcome.

Thanks in advance.