[mod_python] Log is full with redirection messages...

Durumdara durumdara at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 05:25:15 EDT 2009

Hi!
Please suggest me some tips, how to avoid this effect.

I have a "shop" that have "items".

When item purchased without problems, I redirect the user to the page to
avoid F5/Refresh effect and to show some "success" message.
When some item not existing, I redirect the user to the page "Does not
exists!".

I do this with:
   util.redirect(R.Request, './page.ptml', 1)

Because of this, the error log is full with "non-error" elements, and it is
hard to find the real errors.

The web spiders uses caches, and steps to many items that "vanished now", so
my is log is 95% of redir messages.

Please help me a little: how to redirect them without error messages, and
how to make 404 or other error without see the silent exception in the log?

Thanks for your help:
   dd