[mod_python] mod_python wont use version 2.5.4 on windows

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 20:46:45 EDT 2009

The danger in overriding the Apache default content type, rather than
having the Python code self contained, is that when you try and run
your application in a different Apache environment it will stop
working until you realise that you had changed something outside of
the actual Python code to get it to work.

Thus, changing the default in Apache can be considered bad practice as
far as portability and maintainability of code. It certainly isn't
something you want to do if trying to develop a product which you
expect other people would want to install.

So, by all means do it in your own environment if you want to, but
please don't suggest it is a good thing for others to do, it isn't.

Graham