[mod_python] mod_python.so is not copied into Apache module folder in Windows

Tim Valenta tonightslastsong at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 11:55:40 EDT 2009

You know.. I think I was remembering an annoying installation of SVN into
apache, which caused all kinds of strange "missing file but not really"
trouble.
I just went through the process again (on Windows 7, actually, but it's the
same thing.  That's what I use at home, running mod_python without trouble),
and apache itself seems to be fine.

Ah, I may have misread your initial message.. "I can't find mod_python.so
file into Apache modules directory" .. It should have done that for you.
 All you have to do is add a line into APACHE-INSTALLATION/conf/httpd.conf.
 There's a big section with "LoadModule" lines.  Anywhere in there just add
another which looks like this:

LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so

Have you done that part?

Tim

--
"If you had a katana, ..."