[mod_python] Help installing mod_python on OS X Leopard

Scott Zetlan scott at zetlan.net
Thu Jul 23 10:34:35 EDT 2009

On Jul 22, 2009, at 9:07 PM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> You are not doing anything wrong, even the mod_python code in
> subversion trunk is now not likely to build properly on newer MacOS X
> versions, especially with MacPorts and newer Python versions.
>
> My first question would be whether you really need to use mod_python?

I suppose not, but the development team I'm working with has a strong
preference for python server pages for a particular project, and the
creative team handling the front-end interface all uses Macs.  So
getting a consolidated environment together on a single platform the
creative staff can use is a priority.  I'm betting the development
team could learn WSGI, but it's unknown whether the production
platform supports it.

I'm unclear on the future of mod_python -- are you saying that it's
going away, and being replaced (sort of) by mod_wsgi?  If so, then it
would probably be foolish to start any new projects using PSP.